List of items prohibited to import into Republic of Uzbekistan:
You need to have possession of a prescription for medical drugs if they contain psychotropic substances. It is banned to import medicines into Uzbekistan for commercial purposes. In this case, foreign guests are recommended to take only the most important medications. You can find the list of prohibited drugs HERE
List of items prohibited to import into the Republic of Uzbekistan
• Publications, manuscripts, cliché, pictures, illustrations, photos, photographic films, photo negatives,
• Movie – video – audio products, gram records, sound materials aimed or related to undermining state and social regime, braking territorial integrity, political independence, and state sovereignty, propagandizing war, terrorism, violence, national oneness, and religious hatred, racism, and its variety (anti-Semitism, fascism) as well as pornographic materials.
• Prohibited import and export of rare and disappearing sort of animals in the Republic of Uzbekistan, listed in Red Book.
• Import of goods, by a natural person, for commercial activity, required registration of this person as an individual entrepreneur with the right for import and export operations.
• Limit of import of precious metals, not obliged by custom fees, are 5 units with a total weight of no more than 30 grams. Import and export of precious metals and jewelry for commercial aims are carried only with a license given by the Ministry of External Economic Relations and Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
• Import of radio-electronic facilities and high-frequency equipment carried only with the approval of the appropriate authority of the Republic of Uzbekistan. (Centre of Electromagnetic Compatibility of Communication and Information Ministry of Uzbekistan)
• To import photogenic and animal origin, a special permit needs from the appropriate authority of the Republic of Uzbekistan. (Sanitary -Epidemiology Station)
• Import and export of drugs and medical equipment allowed only with permission of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
• Not showing in the customs declaration and not presenting to the customs inspector during the oral inquiry of foreign currency in cash, inventory holdings, and other belongings, will be understood and appear as the factor of breaking custom laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan. When such law-breaking facts of custom laws are found, they will be validated with procedural documents according to articles of customs code of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Not declaring in Customs declaration and not presenting to the customs inspector during the oral inquiry of foreign currency in cash, inventory holdings, and other belongings, will be understood and appear as a factor of breaking Customs Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan. When such law-breaking facts of Customs Law are found, they will be validated with prosecution documents according to articles of the Customs Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan.